maanantai 25. helmikuuta 2013

Goby hunt from the ice



A bit over an week ago I was at the ice fishing competition. Couple of the competitors managed to hook some Sand gobies from there. I took that as a challenge for myself and last Thursday I drove back to the same place for pre work quick session after gobies.

It took about fifteen minutes to hook and land one. I was using #22 hook and couple of small split shots on the line and a tiny bit of worm as a bait. I then use the rest of the time (about half an hour) searching for Zander but that Sand goby was the only fish I could catch that morning.
This is the first Sand goby I've caught from the ice.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Congratulations Jani, so you decided to change from big Pikes to small Gobys. And everything works. Real great to read how you manage to do that. I´m sure that in next blogtext I can read about your great Zander trip. Have a nice time while fishing

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thanks Vesa. This was a small side step I made. I'm pretty sure that my next post will deal with Pikes again...

    VastaaPoista