keskiviikko 9. heinäkuuta 2014

Couple of new armchair lifers

After sending some e-mails around the world I've managed to get two more species identified. Ben Cantrell and his friends are calling these "armchair lifers" which is quite a descriptive name for these. Well, in my case they are more couch lifers but you get the point.

Mr. Gerry Allen made it again when he figured out my cat fish mystery from Panama 2011. This one turned out to be Tete sea catfish.
Sciades seemanni

I also got an confirmation for grouper identification from Mr. Pedro Pascual from the Spanish Oceanography Institute in Tenerife. Once again one of the fellow species hunters Theo Modder had identified this species earlier at Specieshunters.com but it's better to be safe than sorry, right?

I caught this little grouper at February from Tenerife and it was identified as Island grouper (Mycteroperca fusca).
After these two my total species count goes at 167.

1 kommentti:

  1. Congrats! It's nice to have those mystery fish figured out. :)

    VastaaPoista