tiistai 24. huhtikuuta 2012

Vimba Bream, second attack


Last Thursday we drove to one river with my friend Jarno. Our target was suppose to be Vimba Bream (Vimba vimba). A mysterious fish from the family Cyprinidae. Every spring they run to the rivers for spawning and after that they vanish back to the sea. I actually caught one from the sea last August and that is the one and only Vimba Bream I have ever seen elsewhere outside of the rivers.

So, no Vimba at Thursday either. We caught some Roach each and Jarno caught a small Bream too. That means I have to go back there soon.
The name of the game was some small Roach every now and then.


At Sunday I was fishing at my home bay. Caught few Roach again and my first Bream of the year. Count is on 15 now.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Wimbas will come, and then you have one species more to go towards fifty species this year. Tight lines, hope we meet some day, somewhere t. W

    VastaaPoista
  2. And they came as you can read from my next post.... We will see at the latest at summer, when I come to hunt the species of Helsinki.

    VastaaPoista