torstai 3. toukokuuta 2012

Third time tells the truth


Back by the river again. This time it was completely different action. I caught Roach after Roach after Roach with my five meter whip rod. I also had my feeder rod (without feeder, only a rig with a sliding lead on my line) on action. I casted it little bit further almost in the middle of the river. I was hoping that there was some possibilities for bigger fish there. First there was only odd Roach and Ruffe eating my worms. About an hour had past when I stroked once again and felt something slightly heavier in the end of my line. And yes, there it finally was. A Vimba bream of bit under 300 grams. Soon after that I caught another one. Then it went back to Roach and Ruffe again.
Vimba bream or Zarte (Vimba vimba)
In some point I was thinking about leaving and going to another river on the way back home. Maybe I would have a chance to catch one Ide there. I had already packed my whip rod and almost everything else away when I saw an shy bite at my quivertip. I stroke and there was something bigger again. And yes, it was an Ide (Leuciscus idus).

So because I now had my Ide I decided to stay for a little longer in a hope of bigger Vimba. And somebody heard my wishes. Quite soon I caught another Vimba and it was decent size too. It was not an monster but weighed 456g (just about one pound) just eight grams under my PB. I caught one more Vimba before I left back to home. That was a one nice day.
 
After the Vimba bream, the Ide and a Bleak I caught on match fishing competition at Tuesday my year count is on 18 Finnish species now.

2 kommenttia: