lauantai 14. tammikuuta 2012

Icefishing of Rainbows

Kivijärvi, the place where everything happened.
This week I was planning to head to the sea after seatrout. But then the winter decided to come and I was chancing my plans. I was never been icefishing after Rainbow Trout before. So, I called to the owner of the lakes and he confirmed that there was enough ice to hold up one grazy fisherman.
Then I headed to supermarket to buy some shrimps (baits) and next morning I was driving to Perniö (located in Southern Finland).


There it is, my first icefished Rainbow Trout
I was been fishing for about twenty minutes when I had first hit. Sadly I didn’t hook that fish. But then, at the next hole I had another hit and this time I hooked up the fish and after a good five minutes fight I was caught my first ever icefished Rainbow Trout. That was a species number nine for the year.

I fished there for few more hours and caught three more Rainbows and lost one as well. That was a nice and refreshing day on the ice.

The gear I was using.
And hey, sorry about the quality of the pictures, they’ve been shooted with my cell phone. My camera drank a class of sparkling wine about a year ago and haven’t work at the cold conditions ever since.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Way to go again Jani. I have never icefished Rainbow Trout myself. Hopefully this winter, but time is running little short because of my ankle operation 5.3.2012. Picture quality and the blog text are great. Tight lines also from now on to you.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thanks again Vesa! You should definitely try icefishing for rainbows too. You still have over a month and half to go....

    VastaaPoista