perjantai 18. toukokuuta 2012

Spinnerbait fever


I made my first Pike attack of the year with my friend Tomi about an week ago to the sea area nearby (for those who didn’t know we have brackish water at the northern Baltic Sea so Pike and many other freshwater fish species can live at the sea too).

We started with jerkbaits and Storm suspending jigs. Tomi caught one pike of about three and half kilos in few minutes and I had a bite soon after that. That was a fast start but it went dead for couple of hours after that.


Few hotspots later we pushed our boat in to the rushes and started to fish with spinnerbaits. It didn’t took too long to me have a first bite. I felt instantly that it was a decent  sized fish. After a short fight I lifted my species number 19 of the year in to the boat. A nice Northern Pike was weighing 6,3 kilos. On the next cast Tomi caught a smallish Pike too and then it was silence for couple of hours again.
My first Pike of the year.

 In the afternoon we found a short piece of reeds where the Pike were a bit more active. We caught altogether nine Pike all with spinnerbaits. Biggest I caught from there was a fish of about four and a half kilos.
 
Not a super but nice start for a Pike season in a nice weather and with a nice company.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Nice catch, congratulations Jani. Bigger than mine first this year, 5,2 kg. Keep on going man.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thabks again Vesa. Every Pike over 5 kilo are awesome fish. So congrats to you too. Hopefully we'll see next week.

    VastaaPoista