sunnuntai 27. tammikuuta 2013

Summary 2012 August-December



August

There’s nothing much to tell about August. At the beginning of the month I made a road trip to the eastern Finland with my girlfriend. I had two target species there, a Dace which was supposed to be a sure catch and a Sabre carp if I was really lucky. And of course I failed to catch both of them.
A fisherman hunts Sabre carps.

After that I made one trip after Common gobies and other little critters of the archipelago and one Carp trip with Viljami. I didn’t catch any gobies neither Carp. Instead Viljami caught his first ever Carp so the trip was still a success. The only new species for the year I managed to catch was a Black goby. There’s one quite sure place for them nearby my home.

September

I made only four fishing trips at September. Because Viljami has got bitten by a “carp fly” and I was still missing my Carp of the year we decided to make another attack to stock pond. That was a great trip. Even though it was wet and cold the Carp were on a bite and I caught three of them. Viljami was not so lucky this time but he still caught one nice Carp too.
In the heat (coolness) of the night. Carp over seven kilos.

Another mentionable thing is that I caught my firsts Round gobies from my home waters. So now they will be our nuisance forever. I think nothing’s gonna stop them anymore.

October

October was a better month for me. With  a clue from my friend I made an trip in a search of Turbot to the south coast of Finland. After a several hours of lurking I finally found what I was searching for. It took about ten minutes before the juvenile Turbot accepted my offerings and I caught my fourth new species from the Finnish waters this year. I also scooped couple of Straightnose pipefishes with my bare hands but I’m not counting them to my lists because I have rule that all species should be caught by a hook and line.
Monster Turbot.

At the next trip I managed finally caught also the Common goby so my count of the year raised to 44 species caught from the Finnish waters.

November

There were not any species hunting trips at November at all. I devoted completely for Pike fishing. And I managed to catch few nice fish too. Among them there was also my new PB pike of 118cm and 12,1 kilos.
My new PB Pike.

December

At December I made one trip in the search of Flounder and White fish. No results so I had finally completed my one year task. I also made my firsts ice fishing trips of the winter. There’s not much to tell about them. Only a small Zander, one Pike, Roach, White bream and a Ruffe.

After all 2012 was not a bad year at all. I caught 44 fish species from the waters of my home land. My goal was to catch at least 40 species and 45 would be a great effort. There was still some easy species that I didn’t catch like Dace, Flounder and Grayling. I had a goal of catching three to five completely new species from Finland too. I caught four (Brook stickleback, Garfish, Alpine bullhead and Turbot) so that went great too.

Together I caught 70 different species at 2012. 45 of them from Finland, 16 from Norway and nine from Mexico. That’s not a bad effort either.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti