keskiviikko 9. tammikuuta 2013

Specieshunters.com

I have been looking a website for species hunters for years. Somehow I’ve managed to fail in my search. In the beginning of December I noticed an interesting web address at my blog statistics. It was called Soortenjaagers.nl (“soortenjager” is Dutch and means “species hunter”). I just had to check out the website immediately and realized that this was it. They have also translated some parts of the site in English.

Currently there are around 50 registered species hunters, all from Netherlands (except two maniacs from Finland). I have been chancing e-mails with the folks in Holland and in the future they hope to have registered species hunters from all over the world. I promised to make my share in the task. It would (and will) be great to have global ring of the species hunters at the one place.

In the site you can easily add species you have caught to your personal lists and you can also send pictures of your catch very easily.

So, if you have been hunting for fish species go on and register to the www.specieshunters.com. You can also find a link from the right side of this blog.


PS.
From the site you can also find a page called “Zwoonzels” where you can add pictures of the species you haven’t identified yet. With the help of the other hard core species hunters I can now add five new species to my all times list. Here they are:

Ringneck blenny (Parablennius pilicornis) from Spain 2010.

Bucchich's goby (Gobius bucchichii) from Spain 2010.
Panamic sergeant major (Abudefduf troschelii) from Panama 2011.
Blackspot seabream (Pagellus bogaraveo) from Croatia 2011.
Senegal jack (Caranx senegallus) from Gambia 2009.
 So my all time species count raised to 126.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti