perjantai 18. tammikuuta 2013

Summary 2012 May-July



May

If I could decide it should always be May at Finnish fishing waters. It’s still a good month for cold water species but by the end of the month many of the warm loving species have become active too.

I made eleven fishing trips last May. That’s about a trip on every third day. In the beginning of the month I caught few basic species like Bleak, Pike and Crucian carp but I also found couple of not so common species like Belica and Ninespined stickleback. At 30th of May I made a species hunting road trip with my friends. That trip gave me my first completely new species when we all managed to catch Brook sticklebacks to our lists. Totally I caught six new species for the year on that very day.
There's not so many places in Finland where you can catch a Belica.
A Brook stickleback (Culaea inconstans).

June

June was almost as good month for me as May was. I even made couple of trips more than at May. There was couple of tricky species on my mind and somehow I caught them all. European eel and Asp were on my list after a great trip to the central Finland. My girlfriend was “out of town” when it was time to celebrate midsummer. So, because I had nothing better to do (what would be) I decided to go fishing. That was one awesome trip and I managed to catch my second new species of the year. It felt that it was almost too easy to find and catch a Garfish from the archipelago. By the end of the month my year points were on 38 Finnish species.
Belone belone, not so common catch in Finland.

July

At the middle of the July I thought that water levels may be lowered down enough to find some Stone loaches from the ditches. And I was right. Again one species to add to my year list. At the end of the month it was time to head towards Norway. On the way there me and Jarno made a short stop. And it was a successful stop when we both caught the Alpine bullhead. The first ones of our lives.
My third new Finnish species of the year. Alpine bullhead.

The week at Norway was a success too. We caught plenty of big cod. And what it comes with species hunting all went more than well. From the basic species of the Arctic Ocean I finally managed to catch the Wolffish, Atlantic halibut and Rose fish. I caught four new mini species as well. They were a Longspined bullhead, Norway pout, Yarrell’s blenny and last but not least a Rock gunnel. Totally I caught 16 different species from Norway. That’s not a bad effort on a one week trip.
Atlantic wolffish.
We caught couple of Norway pout from 150 meters deep.
One of the coolest species I've ever caught. A Rock gunnel (Pholis gunnellus).

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti