sunnuntai 17. kesäkuuta 2012

Last weekend


Here’s a short report from the last weekends fishing.

At Friday I made a short trip after gobys to the nearby island. I was pretty sure than I could found at least some Black gobys and maybe some Sand gobys too. But no, all I caught was few small Perch.
My spot for the Saturday nights fishing

At Saturday I was working, but I was decided to go and do some after work fishing at evening. My target fish was a Tench (a real Tench, not those babies I had caught earlier this year). When it was time to go fishing it was raining cats and dogs. So no fishing today I thought. But at eight a clock the rain stopped and I still decided to go. But no Tench for me this time, only couple of Perch and one Rudd.

Sunday was the real fishing day. We had the match fishing court championships at the place where was a good chances to catch both the Asp and the Zope or Blue bream. During the contest several Asps and Zopes were caught and a nice thing was that I caught one Zope too. After the contest we continued fishing there with Jarno and tried to catch more Zopes or even Asps. We did not catch anything special although I lost one fish that propably was a small Asp.
There it is, my first Zope (Abramis ballerus) of the year.

When we left from the contest area we headed to the place where as I had heard from my friend was living a good population of Brook Trout (Salvelinus fontinalis). We found the place easily but getting to the shore and finding a spot to fish was another story. Jarno found one spot after we both had sank to the knees in to swamp and struggled through the brushwoods and legions of mosquitos. Jarno caught three small Brook trouts and finally even I caught one. It was time to leave back home. That was a place I visited first and with no doubt last time at the same.
Huge Brook trout from the place of suffering.

Day of the two new species for the year was not so bad after all.

3 kommenttia:

  1. Congratulations for you both, my regards to Jarno. I want Abramis ballerus also. I must dig it somewhere. Tight lines Jani

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thanks again Vesa! Little advice for Zope fishing. I have caught every single one straight from the bottom. Either with a feeder rod or with long whip rods (which is strange because Zope has a mouth made for surface feeding). Use a big bait in a size 10 hook. 4-5 centimeter piece of lobworm (nightcrawler) or a big Dutch or two will work. They are there, trust me....

    VastaaPoista
  3. Thanks for the tip, I trust you and try that when I next time get to the place where Zope may be found.

    VastaaPoista